Good Eats: Restaurants, Food Blogs, Reviewers, and Other ResourcesSee our Restaurant archives for individual articles, and "This Week in Reviews" for past roundups of restaurant reviews that appeared on blogs and in NYC media through the summer of 2006.
RestaurantsPlease note: We usually recommend particular dishes at each restaurant. Other dishes may also be good, but our recommendations are for particular dishes. Very few restaurants do everything equally well, consistently. We recommend dishes that have been consistently excellent.
External links open in new window - AGINY articles open in same window.
NYC food blogs and media sections are listed below.
- for the best grilled burger in NYC, go to Tony Dragonas at 62nd and Madison
- Sanur Restaurant - best roti canai in NYC ... plus curry noodles, ABC, Mo-Mo Cha-Cha, Hainan chicken, lo-mein with chicken feet & mushrooms ... 18 Doyers Street, 212-267-0088
- Nyonya - Beef rendang over rice ... roti canai ... ABC (icy palate cleanser and dessert) ... Hainan chicken ... Tiger beer ... an incredible meal for under $15 ... 194 Grand Street, between Mott and Mulberry, 212-334-3669
- Best fried fish eatery in New York. Jose Fish Market, 81-04 Roosevelt Avenue, Flushing, Queens, NY, 718-478-0232 ... on the take-out menu "the chef wakes up at 3 am daily to buy the fresh fish..."
- Best dim-sum in Chinatown ... Chatham Restaurant, 9 Chatham Square 212-267-0220 ... keep an eye out for the fresh dishes carting out from the kitchen ... pick your choice and enjoy ...
- Green Bo - Crab meat and ground pork soupy dumplings .... scallion pancakes ... 66 Bayard Street, between Mott and Elizabeth, 212-625-2359
- Wu Liang Ye, 215 East 86th Street, 212-534-6032 - Poached razor clams with Sichuan peppercorn and scallion vinaigrette ... Chengdu wonton with Sichuan peppercorn vinaigrette ... Jelly fish julienne with scallion pesto ... sauteed spinach with garlic ... chilled glass of Wu-Liang-Ye, a colorless grain alcohol ... perfect ...
- Wu Liang Ye, 338 Lexington Avenue (between 39th St. and 40th St.), 212-370-9647 ... best ma pao tofu ... razor clams cold appetizer ...
- King's Seafood Restaurant - Chinatown ... Peking duck ... jumbo prawns and more ...
Also see our list of NYC blogs and media.
. . . . . . . . .
Food Blogs* = part of the New York City Blogads Network + = part of the Foodblogs Ad Network k
NYC food bloggers - if you want to be listed here, send us an email: aguyinnewyork [at] gmail
Wine, Beer, and Other Beverages
Newspapers, Magazines, History, Societies, TV Shows, Directories, Forums, Calendars
Recipes and Food Prep
|"Swallowing Clouds: A Playful Journey Through Chinese Culture, Language, and Cuisine," by A. Zee Highly Recommended|